Tuesday 2 October 2012

Selling your book on Amazon

Very few things compare to checking your KDP account to see if you have made another sale.  Having recently published an ebook on Amazon as a Kindle edition I have resisted the temptation to check sales every hour.  In fact after making no sales for the first few days I did think I would need to rethink my whole marketing strategy.  Now with sales slowly creeping up I feel that maybe this method of publishing has real potential for me and other writers.

I did read that the percentage of the population that actually own a Kindle is still very low, though it is rising.  What this did not take into account was the number of people who have the Kindle App; free to download to your phone, computer or iPad.

I don't own a Kindle but do have Apps everywhere, if fact much of my reading now takes place on my mobile phone.  It can be useful to have access to your book collection wherever you are and just dip in as needed.

If you have written a book then consider publishing as an ebook and selling through Amazon - it is free and easy to do.  You never know, you may start making those sales sooner than you think.

If you would like to know more on how to create writing time or how to write fast then have a look at my latest book Write it! - how to write your book in 30 hours or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment